Sunday 20 November 2016

Harry Kane hoping to sign new long-term deal at Tottenham


Harry Kane is keen to commit his long-term future to Tottenham
Harry Kane is keen to commit his long-term future to Tottenham
Harry Kane has dismissed speculation surrounding his future by insisting he is happy at Tottenham and hopes to sign a new long-term deal at the club.
Spurs have opened talks with the England forward about extending his current contract, which is due to expire in 2020.
Reports in the national press have suggested Manchester United are keeping tabs on Kane's contract talks and could make a move for the 23-year-old in the summer if he fails to agree fresh terms.
But Kane, who scored twice in Tottenham's 3-2 home win over West Ham on Saturday, said: "I'm happy at the club. A lot of people are going to speculate about contracts but I am happy - you saw me out there (on Saturday).

Kane scored a stoppage-time winner to seal a 3-2 victory over London rivals West Ham on Saturday
Kane scored a stoppage-time winner to seal a 3-2 victory over London rivals West Ham on Saturday
"There's not many better feelings than being at White Hart Lane and scoring in a London derby. So yeah, I am happy at the club and want to be here for a long, long time.
"We are in talks and I'm sure we will get something sorted. I'm not panicking and I'm not demanding anything as I've read in the paper.
"We're having a conversation and I have no doubts that we will get it sorted. As I say, I want to be here for a long time and I am sure I will be."

Highlights: Tottenham 3-2 West Ham
Kane has scored 69 goals in 135 appearances for Tottenham and won last season's Golden Boot award with 25 strikes to his name as Mauricio Pochettino's side finished third in the Premier League.
And he believes such speculation over his future is simply an indicator of his good form.
"I think it shows that I am doing well, for one thing," Kane said.

Mauricio Pochettino described Kane as one of the best strikers in the world following his double against the Hammers
Mauricio Pochettino described Kane as one of the best strikers in the world following his double against the Hammers
"I am happy here. Hopefully we will have no issues with the contract - we have only just started talking about it. Get that down and get that wrapped up.
"I'm fully concentrated on playing for Tottenham and winning for Tottenham and I think there are no doubts after West Ham that my mind is anywhere else.
"We've got a great young team, new training ground, new stadium being built, great young manager. The future is very bright.
"It's important that we keep hold of all our players and keep building on this great team that we have. For us now it's about winning trophies and competitions - that's the next step."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10665733/harry-kane-hoping-to-sign-new-long-term-deal-at-tottenham

+Sky News
@winnieant

No comments:

Post a Comment